Urgent

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

epic9

I have a desktop comp I needed to format/reinstall Windows on.
The computer won't boot from the CD anymore, It use to.

*Gets to this screen and reboots.*

So I loaded the setup from inside Windows (ie: My Computer > CD) and when it had to reboot during the install, the only thing it did (and will do) when it restarted was scroll 'Press any key to boot from CD' and won't stop. When I remove the CD and reboot Windows won't load.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
That is not a Windows setup screen. Is it a boot disk you got from windowsreinstall.com?

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
It is not from a Microsoft Windows install CD. What CD is it?

Is bios set for cd drive to boot 1st or 2ndrive before hard drive. And this cannot be an XP cd if it wont be accessed by boot command "press any key to boot to cd".

epic9

I assure you it is, I've used it before.

1st: Floppy
2nd: HDD
3rd: CDROM

epic9 said:
I assure you it is, I've used it before.

1st: Floppy
2nd: HDD
3rd: CDROM
What is listed here is not correct...1)Cd drive, 2)Floppy and then 3)Hard Drive in that order.

You need to either find a working cd drive or an XP cd that is bootable. What you are suggesting is a complete impossibility.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online