Us aplliance to u.K. Socket adapter, watt capacity?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Billcorp

Howdy i just bought a u.S. Ps4, wanna plug into u.K. socket, now i know theres widely available travel power converters, for the socket shape aand the voltage convertersion, but i cant find anything on the watts, its a 140 watt per hour machine if'n im not mistaken, does it matter to the converter what watts its dealing with? I hear a cheap one will even run a ps4, but would that risk the ps4 in long term use? By the way its unlikely this system will ever be used anywhere but u.K. So i really dont wanna risk using something that cant handle the watts long term, thanks in advance im very grateful for any advice.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hello Billcorp, and welcome to TSG.

In the UK, the standard voltage is 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz.
Check the AC input power range of your PS4. If it is labeled as "AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz", you may just need to get a new power cord to fit the outlets used in England, Ireland, and Scotland.

EDIT: Here's an example of a UK power cord for a PS4.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airskyt-Pr...laystation+4+power+cord&qid=1581435752&sr=8-3

Last edited:

Billcorp

Ok i found this text on the back 100-240v~1.65-0.75A 50/60Hz 165W thats exactly how ut reads, i didnt see AC like in your message is that important?

cwwozniak

Chuck
100-240v~1.65-0.75A 50/60Hz 165W
It should be able to operate with the AC power systems in any part of the civilized world with just the correct power cord and no need for power conversion. The best long term solution would be to get a PS4 power cord for the UK rather than getting a UK plug adapter to go on the end of a USA power plug.

Billcorp

Thanks mr chuck, ive ordered a power lead as you reackon, i appreciate the advice just wanted that bit of reassurance £250 wasnt about to go up in smoke if i tried something, muchos appreciatos

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online