1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

US IP address for Smart TV

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Noogles, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noogles

Noogles Thread Starter

Okay, so I bought a Vizio Internet APP TV in the States and brought it back to Canada to enjoy the features but it doesn't seem to like my Canadian IP address. The wireless turn son and the tv connects but the APPS say there's no connection. Speaking with Vizio about this, they say it because the apps are into support in Canada so I may need a US IP proxy and program it into my router so the tv reads it.

My question is how do I program a US IP address/proxy into my router without screwing up my router. I run five computers off my wireless router with all different IPs.

Help would be appreciated C: if this is possible.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    We do not help with trying to circumvent country restrictions. Closing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice