USB 1.0. 1.1, 2.0. Whats the difference?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flyingbanana

Hi there

Can anybody tell me the difference. I am in a position now where i have used all my USB ports in my computer and am need of a USB hub.

I went to PC world and all the USB hubs they had there were for USB 2.0 and they say on them to make sure that your PC can accept this.

I am now a little worried that i should try and get a USB 1.0 or 1.1 Hub. My computer is only 4 months old, so i dont expect a problem. I though with USB , you just plugged and played but can someone please but my mind at ease and tell me what the difference between the USB versions are what to look out for with these USB hubs

Thanks

Hi flyingbanana - great username! :)

Have a look <a href="http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/New_Users/Q_20422345.html">here</a>. It explains it really well.

Good luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online