USB 1 hub connected to a usb-ps/2 adapter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kingcodez

2 of the 3 usb ports work on my laptop (and the third periodicly malfunctions)
(when i plug something in the port moves around a lot like it broke off of the laptops motherboard, and i suspect this is happening with the only ps/2 port)

Is it possible to hook a usb 1 hub to the ps/2 port and have everything fuction?
(this laptop isnt really mobile i got it hooked up to my lcdtv)

If not is there an external powered device (bc I'm not sure how much power is in a ps2 port)

TY in advance
-King

How did we get from USB ports to PS/2 ports?
If you need more USB ports just connect a powered hub to one of the ports that works.

Kingcodez

yeah but the port dosent always work and if the connector moves the device gets shut off

What you said was the third one periodically malfunctions, nothing about the other two?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online