USB 1 or 2 ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Herbie

I have just gotten my computer back from the shop. I had a new motherboard installed..... it has 4 usb 2 sockets and 2 extra usb sockets. How do i tell if the 2 extra usp portw are type 1 or 2 ? thanks..... Herbie

If they didn't give you the manual for the board...shame on them...ask them for it...it will have the specs in it.

If you don't a manual, GOOGLE the make/mdl of your MOBO, and check out the Specs online.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Open Device Manager and look at the USB Controllers section. It should list them as "Enhanced" ports. It's real unlikely that if the MB has USB 2.0 ports that it would also have USB 1.1 ports, I've never seen that configuration.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online