1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB 1 or 2 ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Herbie, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herbie

Herbie Thread Starter

I have just gotten my computer back from the shop. I had a new motherboard installed..... it has 4 usb 2 sockets and 2 extra usb sockets. How do i tell if the 2 extra usp portw are type 1 or 2 ? thanks..... Herbie

2. winbob

winbob

If they didn't give you the manual for the board...shame on them...ask them for it...it will have the specs in it.

If you don't a manual, GOOGLE the make/mdl of your MOBO, and check out the Specs online.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Open Device Manager and look at the USB Controllers section. It should list them as "Enhanced" ports. It's real unlikely that if the MB has USB 2.0 ports that it would also have USB 1.1 ports, I've never seen that configuration.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice