1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB 2.0 and iPod Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bohemian, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bohemian

bohemian Thread Starter

Hey,

I have 2 high speed USB ports on my computer as well as a couple regular ones. I've never needed to use the high speed ones, until now, and apparently they were never installed. I managed to download the Windows XP SP1, which contained the drivers for those ports and installed it fine. Under my device manager it says that there is a USB 2.0 Host Controller present. However when I plug my new iPod into the USB port, it disables my other USB devices (mouse) and at the bottom of my start bar a little menu pops up that says my USB drive has failed. Does anyone know what I can do for this? I've also found that when I try to plug my iPod into a low speed USB port, the same thing happens, everything freezes, cept I dont get an error message. I plugged my mouse into the high speed port and it works fine, so I'm guessing that it's just the iPod that's causing me problems. Anybody have a suggestion?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Sounds like you may need a powered hub......

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169075

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice