1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB 2.0 not recognized in Windows Vista x64

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dEaF TO LiGhT, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dEaF TO LiGhT

dEaF TO LiGhT Thread Starter

I just built a new PC with an ASUS P5K-E WiFi AP. It has 6 USB ports in the back, and 2 in the front. Obviously, being a new card, all of these ports are USB 2.0. But when I plugged my iPod into a back USB port last night, Windows said the device would go faster if plugged into a USB 2.0 port. Sure enough, song transfers were extremely slow. When I plugged it into the front port, I didn't get the 1.1 message and the song transfers were blazing fast. Does anyone know what the source of the problem is?

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate x64.

2. dEaF TO LiGhT

Hopefully this thread isn't dead yet, cause i don't wanna get flamed for posting another one, but I updated to the latest BIOS AND had checked if USB2 was enabled in BIOS -- it always had been by default. Still having the problem.

3. Devistator

Devistator

I have had the same problem since i installed Vista on this computer. I have a low end ECS board that uses Intel ICH7 so it is not that old yet all my usb ports are recognized as 1.1. I have 2 other computers that i use so its not that big a deal for me but would be nice to fix it. Have tried downloading latest Intel drivers, as well as updating Vista. Not sure if it is just a Vista problem or an X64 issue.
    BTW I am using Vista Buisness X64 4gigs of ram E6850. Computer has not upgraded to SP1 so I am waiting for that to happen and hopefully that fixes it.

4. dEaF TO LiGhT

SP1 didnt fix the problem when I upgraded

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice