1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB 2.0 PCI Card Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robert2513, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robert2513

robert2513 Thread Starter

Hello. Got myself a problem and need some help. :D

Heres the background story. I have an old Packard Bell Legend 836CDT computer with Windows 98SE, 400MHz Processor, 104MB Memory, 27GB Hard Drive, 52X Cd-Rom drive. I purchased a IOGEAR USB 2.0 PCI card for it and installed it and its drivers. Everything is ok there, it is listed in the Device Manager. However, when I plug things into it, the OS does not recognize them. I tried installing a Iomega 250MB Zip Drive and a HP Deskjet Printer. Both have Windows 98 drivers.

Any ideas on what is wrong with it?
    Thanks for any help. Always appreciate it.
    Robert2513 :)

2. robert2513

My bad everyone. I haven't been on the forum for a while and just discovered that I already asked a question like this one. :( Sorry again.

3. robert2513

Ok.

I know that the above question was answered a while ago, but just out of curiousity, why doesn't the USB devices work when connected to the computer? I mean, the PCI card is seen by Windows?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218999

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice