1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB 2.0 Port.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by homeuser, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. homeuser

homeuser Thread Starter

I have just purchased a Belkin Hi-Speed USB2.0 5 port PCL card for my amd Athon PC

OS is Windows XP serivce Pack 1 or what ever, up to date with downloads.

However I cannot get the machine to install the drivers correctly... either those in Windows, on the Belkin CD or down loaded from Belkin...

It starts the process and then come sup wit an error message soemthing about data...

Any ideas?

Adrian

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Send the Belkin card back and buy one based on the NEC chipset. I've droped several generic USB 2.0 cards into XP machines, and they've worked right off. The drivers that came with the boards also appear to work for W2K (this machine), and on my W98 dual-boot machine with W2K.

3. JohnO28356

JohnO28356

I'm using that card with XP home (no SP1) and it works great.

4. homeuser

homeuser Thread Starter

mmmmmm

It is an NEC chipset as far as i can tell.... at least it stores nec drivers...

also the reason i had to reinstore my pc was to get the usb1.1 poerts working after i installed SP1...

oh my... dont say Ive got to do another restore????

it took me almost two days ....

lets wait and see...

Wonder if its A PC problem...

Adrian:confused:

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If it's the NEC chipset, it should drop right in. Belkin is just a repackager, they don't actually make anything, so you never know what you're getting from them. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!