USB 2.0 problems!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

acetrouble8

My computer is running at USB 1.1 and it should be running 2.0. I have a athlon 3000+ 64 edition with a gigabyte motherboard GA K8NS 939. When i insert a USB device i get a high speed device not in high speed port message. IN the MOBO manual it says that it has both USB1.1 and USB 2.0. any advice on how to make my computer run usb 2.0 is welcome. I might just buy a usb/firewire pci card if we cant get this figured out!

Might check to see if your MOBO has two different types of USB ports or if it has all 2.0 ports that are backwards compatible. Also, make sure you have your motherboard drivers installed to support USB 2.0

Hope this helps,

jT

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It would help if you specified the version and patch level of Windows you are using.

Is USB 2.0 enabled in the Bios? you normally have options for usb1 or usb 2.0+1.1 so I'd make sure this is enabled

acetrouble8

windows xp with service pack 2 is what im running. i'll look into the bios thing and post my findings

acetrouble8

i've had this problem for like six months and it was on the drivers cd!!!!!! there was a usb patch and a usb 2.0 driver but i only did the first! i just copied 700 megs to my Ipod in under a minute, this would have taken an hour yesterday!!!! I'm happy but i feel dumb at the same time... thats ok thanks for the help everybody!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online