USB 2.0 VS Ethernet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

animalhouz

what is better to run to my cable modem a ethernet card or a USB 2.0 card. I have been running the USB 2.0 for about a year now and its been just as fast as other cable connections but some have sayed that ethernet was better. Will my connection be faster with an Ethernet card or should I just save my money and sick with what I have?

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
Hello animalhouz; good to see you again!

The first thing you can do is, before you spend any money, try out this site and try one of the registry patches. There is no guarantee, but it could increase your speed.

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

I am no pro. I have not run my cable on USB so I can't tell. I run ethernet and the patch above really helps me.

Another bit of friendly advice. maybe ask the moderators to move this thread into the Networking forum where it can get better exposure and maybe a better answer than I could give you. :)

animalhouz

Hi well I have been here and there. Any way I reposted the thread to networking so you can close this on now if you want to.

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
LOL dude!

I'd close it for you but I'm not a moderator. If you want them to close it hit the report button in the top right corner and ask them to shut it down. Good luck in the Network forum! (y)

animalhouz

Ok sorry lol. I find out that ethernet is by far the better of the two. Thanks for your help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts