usb 2.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alfredpirateking

i'm trying to back my stuff up onto an external drive, but it goes slow as hell cause i don't have usb 2.0 support. how can i get usb 2.0 to work on my computer? i've heard that i have to install service pack 2, but i don't want to because i tried it once and it crashed my hard drive.

The last two thirds of your name likely explains why SP2 crashed your system . . no reason for that to happen on a clean system.

You need SP2 and USB 2.0 compatible usb ports . . if the motherboard does not have USB 2.0 ports, you can add a PCI card

See this for how to prepare for SP2

Then all you need to do is clean up the system, and install SP2 . . It usually works best to install from the full version rather than from Windows Update site

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online