1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB 3.0 issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stalepriest, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stalepriest

stalepriest Thread Starter

Hi, The problem I am having is with a 1TB Samsung External HD that is USB 3.0 compatible, my new motherboard has two USB 3.0 ports on the back, I have installed all drivers for this, however on reboot of my pc it vanishes I can re-install the drivers from the disc and it seems to start working again, however on reboot it's gone again,

The only error in device manager is for a USB2.0 Hub and windows can't find drivers for it, if I point it towards the disc that came with my Motherboard it installs, that error goes away HD starts working in the USB 3.0 port, on reboot it's gone again. It works fine in a USB 2.0 port, it's worth noting my case also has a USB 3.0 port that is conected and not working either, it is powering the HD as the light comes on.

I have attached a picture of my device manger the error code is 28, it sometimes goes to a code 43 once the drivers are installed and the pc is rebooted.

Attached Files:

2. bobthehippy

bobthehippy

Try removing that USB 2.0 device completely and see if the option to remove the driver as well comes up. Remove the driver if you can.

Then reboot and start again.

3. stalepriest

stalepriest Thread Starter

I have uninstalled and re-installed a good few times, it works now for a few days then it's back to square one and I have to reinstall the drivers again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!