Solved USB 3.0 Issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Warpigy

Today i got a new USB disk, its labelled a USB 3.0 flash and is capable of reaching speeds of 140 mb/s

When i tested it the best i can get is 20 mb/s

Yes my motherboard has USB 3.0 ports, iv used another flash before and got speeds of up to 80 mb/s
but this flash wont work.

Am i missing something ? or am i just being stupid

thank you in advance

The flash drive is the patriot 32gb usb3

Xsage

Dave
Sounds like a possible mix up between MB/s and Mb/s?

As in MegaBytes vs Megabits?

140Mb/s = ~17.5MB/s

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Test it on another computer and see what speeds you get. Sometimes it can be a compatibility issue with a certain USB controller.

Or verify that the product is what it claims, where was it bought, what is the exact model of it? There's a lot of fakes floating around on eBay and other markets.

Warpigy

tested it again, has a read of 140 and a write of 20

not bad i think, but not as a the advert said.

tested it on 4 computers

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Well if you obtained read speeds of 140Mb/s then "capable of reaching speeds of 140 mb/s" is true. Read and write speeds are rarely the same, you need to look at the detailed specs, and tested speeds are generally obtained under the best optimal conditions possibly with better hardware.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online