USB 3 Ports not working after BSOD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kouji

Hello,

This happened a long while ago now but now that I don't have any more USB slots on my PC, I'm kinda out of options at the moment (except a hub of course..)

Anyways, after a random BSOD the 2 USB 3 ports on my PC suddenly stopped functioning. I had my Corsair keyboard and Logitech mouse connected to the ports and so when my PC restarted none of them would work.

I've had to use the USB 2 ports for my k/m. I tried to plug my USB Xbox 360 controller into one of the USB 3 ports last night and it seems to get power, but does not function.

I've tried to look into device manager and delete the driver and reinstall, but nothing has worked.

Help!

Thanks
Kouji

dustyjay

Jay
Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

Kouji

Hello Dustyjay.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm currently at work and will list out my system specs when I get home.

Kouji

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online