1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB And display adapter problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FolkFeral11, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FolkFeral11

FolkFeral11 Thread Starter

Hi,

I had a compaq cq61-313AX with windows 7, this machine packed it in. Bought an ( i assumed) identical computer with vista.
    This is a cq61-210tu. I much prefer 7 and thought I could simply put my old harddrive in. Works fine except:

All my usb wont install properly - code 37 - driver cannot initialize

Two Mobile IntelĀ® 945GM Express Chipset Family display adapters keep installing, one says it works, the other is a code 12.
    Tells me to uninstall one so it has resources. Hp website says I have a Nvidia geforce g103m.

Tried updating drivers, tried uninstalling, they just come back...
    Not a complete noob but I'm stuck here. Help much appreciated as cannot use my computer for anything good until this is resolved.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You cannot remove a hard drive from a Compaq CQ61-313AX laptop that contains Windows 7 and install it in a Compaq CQ61-210TU laptop (or vice versa) and expect it to load and work properly.

Both laptops have completely different processors, graphics, etc..

----------------------------------------------------------

3. FolkFeral11

I'm aware they are different computers, however these are the only problems, and a harddrive is only storage. Is a reinstall of 7 on the new machine the only way to resolve this?

Its only a graphics card, why cant i just install it as new hardware with the correct drivers?

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    It's not that simple. You need to reinstall Windows 7 SP1 and any needed device drivers in the working laptop.

---------------------------------------------------------

5. FolkFeral11

Hrmm I don't have a disk, came preloaded from hp

6. FolkFeral11

You can do a repair install on a factory OEM installation with the latest official Windows 7 with SP1 ISO file here: Dell Community - Windows 7 ISO Downloads, and use Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool to create a bootable DVD or USB flash drive with the ISO to do the repair install from within Windows 7.

Thoughts on this?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice