1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Bandwidth Exceeded

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Kovia, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kovia

Kovia Thread Starter

I just built a brand new pc.. the specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Athlond 6400+ Dual Core 64 Bit
    Motherboard: ASUS M2N-E Sli
    Ram: 2GB Corsair PC6400 DDR2
    Graphics Card: GeForce 8800GTS
    HDD: 500GB Western Digital

==================================================

I am lost for what to try to see where this problem is coming from, I have only one component plugged in via USB and thats my wireless keyboard / mouse.

Every now and then my keyboard will just randomly for no apparent reason stop working and I have to reboot 3 times in order to get it to work again however the mouse which is also wireless and came as part of a combo with the keyboard doesnt stop working at the same point that the keyboard does.

Here is a screenshot of my usb bandwidth exceeded message with only my wireless keyboard / mouse plugged in:

[​IMG]

2. helpmerick

helpmerick

If you are trying to run a cable or DSL modem via the USB and playing online games, this might be a cause. If you are running lots of external hardware like hard drives, scanners, and printers through the same hub, that might also do it. Do you have USB 2.0? If not, get a USB 2.0 expansion card that automatically gives you more bandwidth.

Lastly, here (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884470) is a Microsoft KB article on the subject.

Good luck.

3. Kovia

Kovia Thread Starter

My router runs through eternet, I know better than to run a router via usb, I am somewhat of a tech guy myself which is why I dont understand where this error is coming from.

I think I may of fixed it now tho as I just updated my BIOS, so unless anyone else has any ideas we will wait and see

4. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

help me with this, wireless mouse and keyboard are two components but only one usb.

5. Kovia

Kovia Thread Starter

wireless mice and keyboards come in a set therefore need only usb connection to plug the connector into your pc and the two components link to the 1 connector

6. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

are these namebrand components or by a loball/cheap mfg few folks have ever heard of?

it sounds like they don't play well together even tho they're packaged together.

7. Kovia

Kovia Thread Starter

they are microsoft....

I dont buy cheap computer parts for that reason. I have fixed my problem now tho

I needed a bios upgrade

8. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

a bios upgrade can be a dicey way to go, can/has killed a machine or 2.

glad it worked out.

i personally don't like/use stuff that's tied to other stuff, like your mouse/keyboard combo.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice