1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Usb bluetooth without a Network Board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Doggo, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Doggo

Doggo Thread Starter

Hey guys! I just bought this pc 4 months ago and I realised i haven't bought a Network board. I want to connect my bluetooth headphones and I saw this usb bluetooth . If I buy one and connect it to my pc (pc without a network board) will it work?
    P.S I haven't got bluetooth on my pc

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Doggo, and welcome to TSG.

Check the specifications for your headphones to see which particular Bluetooth version is supported for operation. The USB Bluetooth adapter you choose should support that version number or higher to get full performance from the headphones.

Bluetooth devices come in two classes. A Class 2 device is typical for home use and has a maximum range (under ideal conditions) of 10 meters (33 feet). A Class 1 device has a maximum range of 100 meters (330 feet) and is usually found in industrial use. Unless your headphones are Class 1 and you want the longer operating distance, a Class 2 USB adapter should be sufficient for you.

Lastly, make sure that the USB Bluetooth adapter you choose is compatible with your computer's operating system. Most newer adapters should be plug-and-play with Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice