1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Board connecter to Motherboard??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WaRe, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

Ok i bought a USB addon board for my motherboard. Now the problem i am having is i need the specs on this USB Device for the purpose of fixing the wires. It is not compatible with my mother board it can be but the 4 wires are in the wrong order.

Only info i have for this device is following:

Corpartner, USB/FS <25/2c+24/2c> E188601 (ul)cm

(this is what is on one of the 2 cords)

Now for other info i have a asus p5a-b motherboard and all my drivers are up-to-date. Also i know what wires are what as far the color and what they connect to in the usb connection part.

What i am asking is the order of these colors, the colors are as following Glossy Black, Red, White, Green, and Dull Black (Dull Black is the ground) and the order they go in on the USB connection part is (lef tto right)Glossy Black, Green, White, Red.

I need to know the order for the connector to the motherboard for the wires to go into.

Well any help for the specs is appreiative.
    Dennis

PS: I would get a compaable one prest but i cant get my money back for this so i might as well make it compatable.

2. deuce

deuce

Please clarify your problem and explain what you are trying to do. Are you trying to install this DIRECTLY to the mobo (not through anything else, like an existing USB port or a PCI slot) into the connection on your mobo? I don't think you are supposed to have 5 different wires for that but I can't really remember. I am lost please try to explain it and I might have some ideas for you.

3. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

Ok sorry bout that. Ok it is a connector with 2 usb ports and a wire that connectes to the motherboard. What i am trying to do is rewire the the connector to the motherboard. This USB addon to my motherboard is wired differntly then what my motherboard will take. I need the wire order for my motherboard to reconize.

Does this help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice