Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

natalia.12

Both of my hard drives are gone but I have a WD blue ssd 250gb. I am trying to setup media creation tool windows 10 with a usb. My pc recognizes my usb and i have it on boot priority in BIOS utility. but when i “save and exit” it just reroutes me back to BIOS utility instead of setting up. I already formatted my flash drive to NTFS and I have tried multiple usb ports. A605EDBD-5560-4497-B84A-A95C42C13667.png

managed

Allan
Hi and welcome to TSG.

What do you mean by 'both of my hard drives are gone' ?
Exactly how did you made the Usb stick with the Media Creation Tool and when did you 'format it as NTFS' ?

natalia.12

Hi and welcome to TSG.

What do you mean by 'both of my hard drives are gone' ?
Exactly how did you made the Usb stick with the Media Creation Tool and when did you 'format it as NTFS' ?
I had to get my hard drive and my ssd replaced. As of right now I only have an ssd 250gb.
I first formatted the flash drive as NTFS then I downloaded the Media Creation ISO off of the Microsoft website. I followed all of the steps (language, windows 10, x64bit). Then I copied it onto the flash drive.

crjdriver

I downloaded the Media Creation ISO off of the Microsoft website. I followed all of the steps (language, windows 10, x64bit). Then I copied it onto the flash drive.
You do not copy an ISO to the flash drive. You can use a program like rufus to create a bootable usb from the ISO.
While it is possible to create a windows 10 install usb from the ISO, a much better method is to download the media creation tool and have that make the usb for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online