USB cable for Maxtor backup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

segdef

Hi,

I have Maxtor one-touch backup drive which has a '2 into 1' usb cable. I have damaged this and wondered whether anyone knows if they can purchased separately. I live in the UK. Many thanks,

I'm not clear on what you mean by a 2 into 1 usb cable. If you are looking for a cable that has 2 plugs that plug into USB ports and a single plug that plugs into the device, do a Google search for USB "splitters".

segdef

Many thanks for the response - thats exactly what I'm looking for however, as yet, after about 30 websites, I still haven't found one. I wonder if it's a Maxtor proprietry part. Its 2 x USB (one power and one data/power) and 1 x USB mini. Still looking, any idea's?

segdef

Thanks very much Triple 6 - the second link you gave is exactly what I am looking for - just need to see if I can source it in the UK now, many thanks.

segdef

Just sourced one on Ebay - all of £1.49 including postage!! Once again, many thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!