1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB cable for Maxtor backup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by segdef, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. segdef

segdef Thread Starter

Hi,

I have Maxtor one-touch backup drive which has a '2 into 1' usb cable. I have damaged this and wondered whether anyone knows if they can purchased separately. I live in the UK. Many thanks,

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

I'm not clear on what you mean by a 2 into 1 usb cable. If you are looking for a cable that has 2 plugs that plug into USB ports and a single plug that plugs into the device, do a Google search for USB "splitters".

3. segdef

segdef Thread Starter

Many thanks for the response - thats exactly what I'm looking for however, as yet, after about 30 websites, I still haven't found one. I wonder if it's a Maxtor proprietry part. Its 2 x USB (one power and one data/power) and 1 x USB mini. Still looking, any idea's?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. segdef

segdef Thread Starter

Thanks very much Triple 6 - the second link you gave is exactly what I am looking for - just need to see if I can source it in the UK now, many thanks.

6. segdef

segdef Thread Starter

Just sourced one on Ebay - all of £1.49 including postage!! Once again, many thanks

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    No problem, glad to be of help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice