1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

usb cable modem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kyran, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kyran

kyran Thread Starter

hi.

im not sure how to explain this but ill try my best. my cable modem atm is connected to my computer via a usb cable , i recently got a laptop and a wireless router to set up the wireless router i need to plug my router into the modem , yet on the back of the router the WAN port is a ethernet port and my modem doest have ethernet port on it to attatch it to it , so my quistion is do you guys no a way to get a usb cable into a ethernet port or do you know any routers with a usb WAN port.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You need a different modem, one with an ethernet port.

3. johnpost

johnpost

best solution is to get a cable modem with ethernet ports on it. get an
    ethernet port for your computer if it doesn't have it. your connection
    to desktop will be faster then through the usb.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, there is no solution that involves the existing modem and that router. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice