1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Camera

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hananiah_m, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hananiah_m

hananiah_m Thread Starter

i would like to ask how can i download a USB Camera to my computer without having the CD for it...i lost the CD and the camera needs the software so that i can use it agian pls help me with this...thank you

2. randy_california

randy_california

Please let us know the make and model of the camera.
    Most of the time, software that comes with a camera is better off not installed, just cheap junk that wastes your time, when all a person wants to do is get the photos off the camera and onto the computer for which no special software is needed.

3. worf51

worf51

attach the camera usb cord to the pc & follow the directions to download photos etc,most digital cameras don`t come with cds as installation is not needed !!!!!!!

4. hananiah_m

hananiah_m Thread Starter

thank you for replying to me but i guess i did not explain my self correctly....i have a samll cam the one u install to the computer so that other people can see u if using chating or the MSN messenger its a small cam that can be placed on the computer and when i plug the USB into the computer it gives me the find new hardware devise wizard and asks for the cd for it which i don't have that's why i needed to know if i can find a sofetware to download on the comouter so that the camera can be detected and work properly.....thank you in advance....

5. new tech guy

new tech guy

Ok its a webcam then and yes usually they have the software on their site to download which will give your pc everything it needs to use the camera. If you give the make and model we can help guide you to the necessary software.

6. worf51

worf51

ok,sorry about the mix up,i can`t help you with your problem,i will leave it to the experts good luck ........

7. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Please let us know the exact brand, i'm assuming its logitech.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643847

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice