1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Card problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Trentham, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Trentham

Trentham Thread Starter

I recently obtained two PCI USB 2.0 4/5 port cards however they seem to cause problems on the two machines on which they were installed, causing printers, scanners and Palm Cradle to cease functioning properly (even though there was not necessarily anything plugged into the new card!).

Has anyone come across the sort of problem I have been experiencing?

The board is a cheap one; made by InnoVision and called 'Extreme IO'. The computers in question were quite different in hardware although one runs Win98SE and the other WinME, both of which the board claims to support.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If these are the boards that use the NEC chip, I've used a bunch of them in W98, W2K, and XP machines with no issues at all. They have coexisted in a variety of configurations and I've never seen any problems. I haven't seen that particular brand, but of the three different brands I've bought, all have used the same NEC chip.

3. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

just a possible solution- might be for an older BIOS, dont see this option much.

4. Trentham

Trentham Thread Starter

Many thanks for that. I'll check it out. I'm also making sure I've got the latest drivers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice