1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Composite Device

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GameBuster, Dec 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GameBuster

GameBuster Thread Starter

I recently received a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet and pen to draw digitally on my laptop. I received it from a friend that had no troubles using the product with his computer. But when I tried to use it, the bamboo tablet only works as a mouse pad and the pen does not work. Now I could try to bring this issue to Wacom's threads but when troubleshooting the device, the troubleshooter noted "usb composite device is an older usb device and might not work with usb 3.0". I have seen this issue with other devices I have tried to use on my laptop so I figured that might be the issue here. I have 3 USB ports on my laptop: two on the left side that have a blue interior and one on the right with a black interior. The blue ones have "SS" next to the USB logo, which after research seems to indicate they are USB 3.0 ports. However, the black usb port on the right side that doesn't have "SS" next to the usb logo does not seem to fix any problems. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the USB drivers, unplugging and replugging the device, updating the drivers, and restarting the computer. Help would be EXTREMELY appreciated. computer specs below:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 12164 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 117 GB (47 GB Free); D: 913 GB (522 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., MS-16JB
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Have you tried installing these drivers before you connect the tablet to your laptop?

3. GameBuster

GameBuster Thread Starter

Yes. After installing the drivers, the pen still does not work and running the Wacom Tablet Properties returns saying it cannot detect any devices plugged in, regardless that the tablet is plugged in.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice