1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Connection errors!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gregon616, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gregon616

Gregon616 Thread Starter

Hi, when i insert a usb device, (this time its my crappy speed touch 330 modem), i get a strange sound. Instead of "Da-Dum" like normal. I get a very faint "da-da-dum" and nothing is recognized!! :mad:

But, when i connect my external hard drive, it works fine. so is it something to do with the modem? but, the modem works on the other computers. does anyone have any advice how to sort this mess out!!:mad:

It was working fine last night, then tried to access a website, and said "page not found". Restarted my connection and computer, and all i got was flipping "da-da-dum". with the modem lights just flashing red!!:mad:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Try a full restart. Unplug the modem from its power source. Turn off your computer. Let the modem stay unplugged for about 30-45 seconds, then restore power to the modem and let it stabilize for about 45 seconds to 1 minute. After the modem stabilizes, restrart your machine and see if the problem persists.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!