USB Controller Driver Needed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shiraz

Hi,

I have a Hp Proliant ML 350 Server which has Windows 2000 Server OS. I am unable to connect any usb device as the system shows no driver installed.

I tried searching drivers on cds that came with the server but could not find. Please help me download this driver. I tried searching hp website but could not find one too.
See the attached file.

bye

Attachments

HP kit is normally supported out of the box. Can you provide a tad more info on the model. ML 350 xxxx

Ta

shiraz

Hi, the server model is ML 350 G5 Quad-Core Intel®
Xeon® Processor E5420 (2.50
GHz,

You might want to check that this has not be done in the BIOS setttings. Obviously, do the reverse.

Press F9 Key when prompted for Rom-Based Setup Utility.
- Go to System Options
- Select USB Control
- Select Legacy USB and disable it

When Legacy USB Disabled is selected, all USB ports are enabled under a USB-aware Operating System, but USB is not supported during POST, but Legacy USB disabled also disables iLO 2 virtual devices

The other thing to try is updating the support files

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...swEnvOID=181&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online