USB device driver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

isasooner

Hello, starting today out of the blue, my USB device driver can't detect my USB device. I am getting error messages saying, Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). It also tells me, the device driver software was not installed correctly but, I have been using a USB adapter for my phone to my laptop for a few months now and never had to install any software or any problems in the first place. I just, plug it into the USB port and go.

What should I do? Uninstall the USB device driver and re-install it

Please help?

dai

do a usb reset

in the device manager click on view at the top and in the dropdown
show hidden devices
then uninstall all listed usb items
turn the computer off
unplug usb plugs
reboot twice
replug in the usb plugs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online