USB device function issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

doc_tor

Hello,
I just recently experienced an issue with my usb keyboard, but now i notice that my mouse isn't working normal either.
The functions on my keyboard have switched. Example: When i try typing a web address in the search engine, I'll press the H key and it will bring up the history tab. And other keys will bring up other things. However, My CTRL ALT DELETE works. I lso noticed with my mouse that when i have a minimized window that i can't just click it to maxamize, i need to right click and the click on maxamize. The only key that appears to be performing is the spacebar. I've tried plugging in a different keyboard and the problem still persists. I did use the mouse and keyboard with my laptop before plugging them back into my desktop, i dont know if that would have an effect on its function or driver.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
-XP SP3
-USB Keyboard
-USB Mouse

I had an issue with my logitech controller, I think it was just the controller's fault though. it malfunctioned somehow ><

Your usb ports could be malfunctioning or your drivers or your usb devices. o.o

that doesn't help much does it

make sure you virus and malware stuff is up to date lol

I suggest trying out all your usb devices on another computer to see if they still work.
You might want to try a system restore back to before when the problem originated.
If that doesn't help rolling back drivers for your usb devices, if possible, might work.
^ not sure on this one make a sys restore point before doing that lol

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online