1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Device Not Recognized

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ro88y, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ro88y

ro88y Guest Thread Starter

Hello All - I have a Latitude D600 that is fairly new and I get an error message randomly throughout the day. The message reads "USB device not recognized - one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it"

The only USB port being used is for an optical mouse, which I have replaced and the error keeps occuring. Any ideas?

thanks in advance!

2. GyverX

GyverX

Hmmmmm... Sounds like a call to Dell might be the answer to this one. Un less you have had other things in the past pluged into any of the USB ports then that is the only thing I can think of that would cause that problem or it could be that the computer was part of a net work and reading it from there but that Idea is very far fetched. I would call dell or look on ther site in the FAQ section and see if anyone else has had the same problem. This sounds like a dell thing to me. I could be wrong though Its a thought

3. norton850

norton850

Does the message come up at random times or after the laptop has been hibernating? Does the mouse continue to work when you get the message?

4. ro88y

ro88y Guest Thread Starter

The error message is random and the mouse still works after the error.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice