1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB device over current status detected

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by slthorathuru, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slthorathuru

slthorathuru Thread Starter

I started my computer and startup stops at American Megatrends screen with the message "USB device over current status detected" and shutting down in 15 secs. Motherboard of PC is P8H61-M LX3. Following were tried after referring to websites.

1.USB connections (as well as Audio connection) to front panel and USB mouse connected from back panel removed.
    2.Tried to install BIOS from given CD for ASUS motherboard.
    3.Tried to install latest BIOS downloaded from ASUS website to flashdrive.
    4.At last cleared RTC RAM using Jumpers hoping it will prompt to BIOS setup.

None of above worked so far. How could I fix the issue? Appreciate help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1091663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice