1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB device over current status detected!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Typhoeus, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typhoeus

Typhoeus Thread Starter

Okey, here it is.
    I know it is allready an post like this out here, but I didn't get any answers from it :confused:
    I've just been finishing building my new computer, and this error pops up.
    Then the computer shuts itself down after 15 seconds.
    The error sounds like this :

Keyboard / Interface Error!
    USB device over current status detected!!
    System will shut down after 15 seconds.

I run on a Asus P5K SE motherboard with two Corsaira XMS2 2048 MB.
    And I got a Asus EN8800ultra 768 MB.
    My processor is a Intel Core2 Quad 2,66 Ghz.

I've been bugging my brain out with this problem! Please help me! =)

THanks!

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

Your first error: The system has detected what appears to be a failure with the keyboard controller, which interfaces the keyboard to
    the motherboard.
    There is a problem either with the keyboard or with the keyboard controller on the motherboard.
    This is almost always a configuration or connection problem. It's extremely rare for a keyboard to fail outright;
    they're just too simple of a device to have a lot of failures. A common problem is having the keyboard not inserted
    fully into the connector on the motherboard.
    Meaning: Remove keyboard from Computer and replace it carefully. Check pins to make sure none are bent in the process. If you're still recieving the message, it means the Motherboard where the keyboard is connected has a problem.

Second Error: Think I'd go to ASUS as it appears you are not alone with the USB but rather many owners of ASUS have the same problem. There are various ways to by pass the problem but there are also various reasons it occurs. Biggest reason seems to be a gliche' in the Bios. (You also need to make sure your USB is enabled in your bios, and you don't have anything attached to the usb ports when you boot. If you do remove them and reboot without them.
    Go to your ASUS manufacture and either email or call them. If your keyboard continues to have an interface problem you need to be requesting a replacement for the Motherboard you have as soon as possible. Luck and let us know...Jazz

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/637351

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice