1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Device(s) problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DWhite, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DWhite

DWhite Thread Starter

Hi guys
    I have a number of systems with the same issue. Whenever ONE USB device is plugged in, the system reads it fine.
    If I plug a second device in, the system "freezes". This happens with ANY combination of different USB devices. I can still move the mouse, and the keyboard is still responsive, but anything I click on takes forever to respond. As soon as I UNplug either one of the devices, the system seems to recover and functions normally. I have an Intel D945GCNL motherboard in the systems, and the devices I have been working with are: 2 Kingston 8GB flash drives, 2 Maxtor 1TB External Harddrives, and a generic card reader. As I said, ANY combination of those devices causes the problem. I have not been able to find anything on the Web that closely describes the problem I'm having....so I could sure use some help. The OS we're using is Windows XP SP3 and has all the current updates applied. I have scanned for viruses and Malware and cleaned whatever was found....but no change. I have also updated as many drivers as I could find on the Intel website for the 945GCNL MB.
    At this point, I absolutely baffled !
    Thanks in advance guys for ANY help you can give me.
    Don:confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice