1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB devices keep being disconnected ... (Windows Server 2003)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nltung, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nltung

nltung Thread Starter

Hi everybody,

Everytime I plug in an usb device, especially devices that use much resources like external Hard Drive or Digital TV-Card, usually I have to try 2,3 times until Windows recognize it, with some luck it can sometimes works on the first try. But even after successfully recognize my device, every 15-30 Minutes Windows notifies me that my device is unpluged and a few second later it is "automatically" pluged again. This is extremely annoying :mad:, image when you are copying data from the external Hard Drive or watching movies from the TV-Card and this thing happens --> have to start all over again :eek:

At first, I thought it was because of lacking power for the usb-ports, so I bought a USB-Hub with dedicated power supply, but it seemed to be even worse, now my usb-mouse keep disconnecting all the time if I plug it in the USB-Hub (with power turn on), but it works normally if I plug it in the PC USB-Ports (not through the USB-Hub)

I'm really confused, should it be a hardware problem, or even a software issue (windows) :confused:

Thanks so much if anyone can help me (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/673645