USB devices not being picked up by PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tom_Melody

For the past few days I've been having a rampant and mounting issue of USBs disconnecting while in use, namely a Logitech controller and a USB mouse, and now it's gotten to the point where my computer doesn't even register that I've plugged in the Logitech controller and the mouse still works but still disconnects or stops moving.

At first I assumed it was a problem with the physical USB ports themselves as the mouse seemed to work if I gently moved the cord a little but no other devices plugged in to the same port had the same issue. I have a drawing tablet that works fine and a Logitech headset that also seems fine in the same ports.

I'm not sure if it's something I might have installed recently or some suddenly occurring error but it's quite frustrating.

I've tried everything I could find related to the issue like disabling USB 3.0 support in the BIOS, uninstalling the USB drivers and restarting, turning off the power management option under the USB Root Hub, turning off the 'selective suspend' option under power management and have restarted my computer more times than I can count.

Most fixes I've seen are in the event that a USB device is not recognized by the computer, haven't been able to find any where the computer doesn't even register that you plugged something in.

And the SysInfo:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8075 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 372 GB (21 GB Free); D: 537 GB (49 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X550JK
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts