1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Devices Randomly Disconecting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Devster77, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Devster77

Devster77 Thread Starter

Hello, Ive seen threads already asking about this same question but I feel like I should post this anyway because I have some details with my specific issue that I do not see in the other posts (which is probably bad)

My USB devices will all disconnect randomly, usually while playing games or (what I assume) is high CPU usage, but also happens randomly as well.

I can tell when it's more likely to happen because my computer will stall during usage (mouse will freeze, keyboard will stutter (will type extra letters randomly in the middle of typing, like thissssssss and then go back to normal)) It's a sign that the issue might happen, I assume its associated with the problem but I'm not 100% sure.

I'd like to point out that I have multiple HDD's and SSD's built into my computer, and I am using a wireless mouse and keyboard. I thought that maybe the issue was one of my HDD's were failing and causing the crashes, but I replaced the HDD's that I owned and the issue still was happening.

The most important thing, is that I even replaced the motherboard assuming that it was a motherboard issue with a completely different motherboard and the issue still was occurring the same. Both motherboards I owned does not allow me to make my USB 3.0 devices act like USB 2.0 devices, so that option which I see often does not work for me.

Here are the many things that I tried, that I've seen others post in other threads other than what I tried above.

Disable USB selective suspend setting in the power options

I have a USB Powered hub, does not make a difference and everything connected to the hub will disconnect alongside every other device when the issue occurs.

Unchecked the allow my computer to turn off my usb devices to save power.

Using a USB tool to clear all my drives and allowing them to re install, still same issue.

Here are my specs.
    Motherboard: ASRock Killer SLI/ac Z270 (Originally Used ASUS PRIME Z270-A LGA1151 DDR4)
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
    Cooling: Corsair: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2
    Video Card: Intel® HD Graphics 630
    Video Card #2 : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Intel Z170 Memory Kit F4-3000C15D-16GVKB (16 GB )
    CASE: NZXT S340 Mid Tower Computer Case, Glossy Black (CA-S340W-B1)
    PSU: Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750FX 750W 80+ Gold
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (MZ-75E250B/AM)
    Internal HHD: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive (WD10EZEX)

Extrenal HHD: Seagate Expansion 8TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEB8000100) and Seagate Backup Plus 5TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STDT5000100)
    Operating System
    Windows 10

Thank you guys, appreciate the help with this issue.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Does it happen when you temporarily replace the wireless keyboard and mouse with a wired set?

3. Devster77

Devster77 Thread Starter

The stalling? No. All my usb devices randomly disconnecting? Yes.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Which version of Win 10 ( as exposed by 'winver' )

5. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Ok, so what happens when only the wired keyboard and mouse are the only USB devices connected to the computer?

6. Devster77

Devster77 Thread Starter

Sorry Windows 10 Enterprise

7. Devster77

Devster77 Thread Starter

Nothing, no hanging or anything, however all of my applications and games are installed onto my external drives, so I can not be sure if anything will crash, I plan on buying another internal hdd to see if that fixes the issue but I still do not know for sure. I just wanted other opionions before I did so. Because like I said, I replaced my External Drives and motherboards and I still had the issues. It's weird to think that a mouse and keyboard are causing my usb drives to crash but maybe that is the issue.

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

External drives - has extra interfaces to go thru - not as good as a direct connection internally.

9. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice