1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB devices strange in Vista but fine when playing games...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jingles99, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jingles99

jingles99 Thread Starter

Hi. I'm new here but please help.. this is a weird problem & getting in the way of my work.

This is a new problem with the computer. My hard drive died & upon formatting the new one, this problem occurred.

64-bit Vista, high end comp.
    I have 4 USB devices: a wireless network card, a mouse, a keyboard, and a midi piano.

The wireless network card works without any problems at all times but when I'm in Vista my mouse is very jittery and skips all over the screen. My keyboard lags and will occasionally freeze up and not read the input or freeze on a specific key & type that letter until it unfreezes a second later. When I'm playing my midi-usb piano it freezes up and plays strangely (it's basically the same problem for all 3 devices). My mouse is pretty much unusable.

What I found strange though is when I started up a game in full-screen, everything worked perfectly.

I have no viruses. I tried different devices, I tried unplugging certain devices. I tried disabling my anti-virus and restarting. The only thing that helps is if I play a game.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/791058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice