1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB devices taking forever to be detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by reneirwolf878, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reneirwolf878

reneirwolf878 Thread Starter

Right now I use a couple external HDDs, a mouse and occasionally I hook up my phone and ipod to transfer data. The mouse and HDDs I use everyday and maybe once or twice a week I'll hook up the ipod or phone.

Up until yesterday everything worked fine. However, now whenever I try to attack either the ipod or phone the computer doesn't detect them. They each show that they are being charged. I kept trying the phone in my laptops 3 usb ports and after 30 minutes of nothing I left to go to the gym. I left the phone plugged in for an just under two hours and when I came back it was detected. Right now the ipod is doing the same thing. It won't be detected by the computer. what's going on?!

2. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

Can you try reinstalling the drivers for your USB controller in device manager. Make sure you uninstall the drivers first then download and install teh lates drivers from the laptop's web site.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650825

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice