1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Driver...detecting printer PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jvventro, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvventro

jvventro Thread Starter

HELLLPP!!! Please.
    I have been trying to install my Lexmark X75 Printer on my Dell (WIN98) and keep getting the error message that it cannot detect my printer. I have checked my usb cables and have been through 3 already this last one I opened brand new out of the package. I called Lexmark support and after a long conversation and printer tests the lady informed me that I needed to go to the vendor and get my USB Drivers updated. This is a used computer so I would have to go to a computer head shop and spend more money than I don't have. So I have been searching online for updated drivers etc. I can't find an easy fix. I need an easy fix. If there is a way to download updated drivers please let me know. I have checked all kinds of links and no luck. Please if you can let me know what to do...ANY help is great...My USB info is:

Intel 82801AA USB Universal Host Controller
    Provider: Microsoft
    Date: 4-23-99
    Vers: 002

My computer also lists:
    Generic USB Hub
    Microsoft
    4-23-99
    and
    USB Root Hub
    Microsoft
    4-23-99

PLEEEASE HELLLLP!!!

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

3. jvventro

jvventro Thread Starter

Yes I have tried the lexmark driver downloads. It doesn't seem to be a printer driver problem. When I go to install the printer my computer only lists my 2 COM ports, my DOT Port (which is what the USB port that my HP printer is plugged into), File, and LPT1 Port. But my computer has NO LPT/Parrallel Cable Hookups, they are USB hookups but when I try to install my printer it will not do it. This same USB port I use to plug my digital camera into and it works fine. I explained that to the tech girl from Lexmark she said that some of the files could be bad or need updating but not all and that I needed to update my USB drivers.????????? See why I need help.
    Thanks for replying I do appreciate it, Do you know what else could be wrong or what I have to do? or why my computer lists my other port as LPT1 instead of a USB or what I need?
    Please help.....and thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329045

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice