1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Drives- "Scan and Fix" error and SD Card drive doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jgtdec29, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jgtdec29

jgtdec29 Thread Starter

Whenever I plug in my USB device it wants to "scan and fix" but works if I just continue. On the other hand the G drive which is for my SD card gives me errors of corruption even before I took it out for the first time. Something is up with the drives and they are updated and all that. Also, with the SD card it doesn't let me delete and when I do add it is just the folder without the contents which then I can't delete. Help me fix this problem. I have a LX series Gateway computer with the pop up drive if that gives you any idea what I am dealing with.

PS: Should have bought a Mac.

2. huggie54

huggie54

3. jgtdec29

jgtdec29 Thread Starter

Ok, I tried running setup and looked like it worked and then I tried to open up Vista 64 tried to open uminst and nothing happened. Can you help out on this because I tried and got this program before but this one worked and really want to fix this error. Is there any way I can uninstall and reinstall a driver for a SDHC slot but yet do it without a disc or program on me?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Are you always using "Safely Remove" before taking those drives offline? If not, they sustain file system damage each time if caching is enabled.

5. jgtdec29

jgtdec29 Thread Starter

In the past I usually eject or safely remove but this drive wasn't even used and gave me trouble. Is it in a system as a whole that gets hurt by not doing so because my wireless card sometimes didn't show up and had to pull out and put back in. That works every time without any hassle though. If so, can I find any solutions to helping it get back what may have been damaged? Thanks.

6. huggie54

huggie54

hya mate,in device manager you can uninstall the devices you want by right-click on them and uninstall,once uninstalled reboot your machine and they will automatically be reinstalled.

7. jgtdec29

jgtdec29 Thread Starter

Will this help me or is it kind of try and it see approach? Also, reboot the whole system from scratch? Because the kind people of Gateway gave me very little when I purchased this and stupidly thinking it wouldn't have any problems, it has been the opposite. I don't even know if or where I have the disks. Thanks for the help and keep providing the answers.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice