#1 ·
I get a message lick this that a usb device has failed on startup

"USB device not working
Universal Serial Bus controllers
(Standard USB Host Controller)
Port_#0005.Hub_#0004

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I do have one of those 6 in one front slot multi media card readers. usually the little green light comes on where the usb port is and now it no longer does. I have not changed anything about my computer's build, installed anything new or changed anything. I need help please. My specs are below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8151 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 114370 MB, Free - 35418 MB; E: Total - 715370 MB, Free - 476377 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z77-HD3
Antivirus: Panda Free Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTE = Odd...it claims I use Panda Antivirus when in fact I use 360 Total Security. Not sure why.

See less See more
#3 ·
Does it plug in internally or externally? Try reseating the plug or use a different port.

#4 ·
Ok...I will try that when I get some time. Hope that is it. :~P

#5 ·
Otherwise I may have to find a decent multi-card reader for a low price that is still good quality. *sighs*

#6 ·
Weirdest thing. A day ago the green light for the usb multiport was green and on for once and here after it has worked fine. I did tons to my build just to try to get this resolved. I think one of the programs may have altered the driver. This happened I uninstalled the hardware. Maybe that was the solution. At some point, the system decided to resolve a "missing driver". In this the computer finds said driver then viola'.

~~~~Thank you all for ideas and opinions. I appreciate everyone's time and attention to this. Somehow I think the driver for the usb reader was corrupted. Weird. Makes me paranoid and maybe I should look into something better than"360 total security". Dunno. Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.