1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB extension cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by elgato06, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elgato06

elgato06 Thread Starter

I recently brought a 15m usb active extension cable, I tried to run a blue snowball ice microphone to my computer with it. When I plug it into my computer it receives power but the computer won't detect it's there. There is a repeater in the middle of the cabel (7.5m), is there any way to make it so the computer will detect it's there? Thanks, would appreciate any help!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. elgato06

elgato06 Thread Starter

USB 2, but then why do they put a repeater at 7.5m and not 5?

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    dont know I'm afraid , perhaps the manufacturer has found it works at 7.5m OK - but your cable does not
    and the spec and the site i linked to shows whats required

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1198508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice