1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB External sound card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wolfgangam, Feb 18, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. wolfgangam

wolfgangam Thread Starter

Hi, I'm looking for external USB sound card because my internal one started acting up, I'm hearing white noise when loading a game suddenly, and my mic picks up the headphones audio, tried everything , sound mixer is disabled , I played with every settings I could, it just started suddenly... even when the headphones are disconnected , in discord the sound playing is picked up... I think the issue started after a bunch of power outages that happened in a short amount of time while the pc was one.
    Anyway... I was looking at this card https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Surround-Computers-laptops/dp/B07P9BN4GR/

And was wondering if I can plug in 2 headphones at once , like I do today with my internal card,I connect one to the rear and to the front panel and hear both simultaneously.

If not, can someone recommend a card? Preferably external to eliminate any issue static electricity problem that my pc might be creating .

Thank you

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    I'm not aware of any external cards with two headphone outputs. But you could simply use a 3.5mm splitter cable.

3. lynx1021

lynx1021

4. wolfgangam

wolfgangam Thread Starter

Oddba11 - yes I thought about it, but I read it will lower the volume and maybe quality.
    Lynx- thanks but I rather have something from known company

If not available in external , I guess I'll look for internal option, I assume it will not have 2 connections but it will have the ability to connect the front panel to it maybe

5. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Assuming that you select a quality unit, it shouldn't matter. It would largely depend on your headphones. The vast majority of PC headphones or earbuds, don't require a lot of power. If you are using audiophile type headphones, which do need the power, you shouldn't be using the motherboard chipset or most audio card outputs anyway. Any motherboard chipset or internal card option (typically) isn't designed to drive two outputs at the same time either. The vast majority of users only use a single output at a time.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice