USB flash drive mass storage not recognized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

exactrans

Hello all....Help ...I can't seem to access my USB flash drive on my computer (XP professional operating system) once I insert it into the usb port...my computer acknowledges that there is a mass media device however when I go to My computer to access it there is no Letter associated with it..all my network drives and device drives are listed but no letter associated with my USB flash drive...How do I assign a letter to it so I can access it?

Thanks

Marci

try deleting it from the device manger and let windows reinstall it so it will it can be reinstalled.

Does it show the device is working properly in device manager? You can either do as lawson_jl said or double click it in Device Manager and make sure it says USE THIS DEVICE (enabled) where it say Device Usage:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts