USB flash drive not showing up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pmwh

I have a PNY USB flash drive - a small 128mb memory stick that is suppose to be plug and play on most systems. However, one Win XP Pro machine does not recognize the drive when it is plugged in. I have tried several USB ports that I know work on other devices.

The drive works fine on my Win XP home machine, and another XP pro machine at work. No drivers came with the drive, and none are available by download for XP on the PNY website.

How can I get this machine to read the drive?

Pmwh said:
I have a PNY USB flash drive - a small 128mb memory stick that is suppose to be plug and play on most systems. However, one Win XP Pro machine does not recognize the drive when it is plugged in. I have tried several USB ports that I know work on other devices.

The drive works fine on my Win XP home machine, and another XP pro machine at work. No drivers came with the drive, and none are available by download for XP on the PNY website.

How can I get this machine to read the drive?
Try turning your machine off, plugging your flash drive in and restarting.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts