USB Flash Drive showing as "unspecified" windows10

blankdempty

Hi, My adata pendrive last seen as a error like needs to format. and then its not showing up my pc. My pc detect the pendrive, but not showing in the my computer or the disk management. only Device and Printers Tab as "unspecified"

I tried to update the driver, but its showing driver is already updated.pendrive.pngpendrive.png

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Can you try connecting it to another device to see if it'll recognise properly? Unfortunately, some times flash drives will fail without warning, but it's worth checking on another PC just in case it hasn't failed entirely.

blankdempty

Can you try connecting it to another device to see if it'll recognise properly? Unfortunately, some times flash drives will fail without warning, but it's worth checking on another PC just in case it hasn't failed entirely.
yes, I tried another device. same problem.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I don't think so, but others may have some ideas they can bring to the table.

plodr

Liz
If nothing on the Adata drive is bootable, plug it into the computer before you power up the computer.
Can you see it now?
If so, I'd copy the files to another device (USB stick, external portable drive, folder on the PC it is connected to, CD/DVD).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online