1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Flash Drive-Stopped taking Drops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Doncomp, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Doncomp

Doncomp Thread Starter

Never used one before. Plugged it in, it was recognized and loaded. Started drag-n-dropping, after about 15 .docs it would take any more. "can't make folder" or something like that. Still has about 90% free space. Same type of doc files....don't understand.
    Was I supposed to open any of those folders, exe files that came with the flash drive?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is it USB 2.0? You may just be dragging too fast if the files take a while to copy over.

You can always format it and thus be sure that the file system is intact.

HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool

3. Doncomp

Doncomp Thread Starter

Thanks. Maybe. Everything I drug over is okay, though. And, I was careful about closing before I pulled out the flash. Coulda been dragging too fast...hmmm.

But, I take it there is nothing in the "Included .exe files" that I need to run for the flash to work properly?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

It should work out-of-the-box. What was included?

If you want to be able to just pull the flash without going through Remove Hardware, find it in Device manager and set it to be optimized for "Quick Removal". Saves some time and frustration.

5. Doncomp

Doncomp Thread Starter

Oh, I left it at work...Can't think of them except they were exe files.
    Neat about the Quick Removal, tho. Thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644395

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice