1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Doomsday123, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Doomsday123

Doomsday123 Thread Starter

I recently accuired a USB Flash Drive from a friend because he did not know how to use it. Well know that makes two of us... Well, I can usually use them but this one is weird. I plug it in and it recognizes that the usb drive has been plugged in but when I go to My Computer there is no removable drive listed. Only the C:\ is there...

It is a...
    ACOM Data
    Model Number TSAR-006
    P/N:F433AP001
    S/N:310417

I googled it but I found nothing. I went to ACOM Data's website and still nothing. If someone could provide me with some info or help me figure out how to use it I would be more than greatful. Thanks.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You sure it's acomdata?

Does it have an FCC number on it?

3. chalky

chalky

I reinstalled the drivers.... I had to do it twice.... why...:confused:

4. chalky

chalky

I share files with a USB Flash Drive with a friend...she has XP and the drive just works on the machine...doesn't require drivers...on my machine - 98 I needed to install the drivers...had to reinstall them twice before the drive showed up in M/C...why I don't know...

5. griffinspc

griffinspc

It sounds like it needs formatting. Format it as FAT16 and see if that solves the problem.

When you say only C:\ does that mean you don't show a drive letter for the drive like E:\ ?

6. griffinspc

griffinspc

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, the O/S in use would be handy...

If you're running 2K or XP, you can format it in Disk Management.

8. sponsor

sponsor

usb flash drives are good if you are running on latest Operating Systems / and also an updated bios. Old bios versions make them hang.
    try reinstalling the drivers of the USB flash device. Perhaps your machines usb ports are usb 1.0/1.1.
    some important facts about usb drives can be found from this link

9. marcotw

marcotw

If I am correct, the TSAR-006 is not a flash drive. It is a USB-RF device that is used with an associated laser pointer. The laser pointer also functions as a slide advance device (e.g. with a PowerPoint presentation) and communicates with the computer via the USB-RF.

10. stagesound

stagesound

You are completely correct - the device is a receiver for a laser pointer / Powerpoint presentation controller - it is model no. TSAM-001

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220034

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice