USB Flash Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Firestone

I have a 2 gb Verbatim flash drive. Recently it won't show up on My Computer, and it lights up red instead of green. Is there anyway I can fix it and keep my files, if not is there anyway I can just fix it?

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor
Hi,
I know it's a bit basic, but one of my USB sticks had a tiny lock/unlock switch on the outer casing which I had not noticed. It was only when I was ranting about shoddy goods not working that I noticed the switch ...

Please excuse me if this is not the problem here but I thought it worth mentioning.

Richard

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Have you tried it on another system? If it fails there, it's probably become corrupted in some manner. Try PC Inspector and see if it is able to recover any files.

Firestone

It does the same thing on other computers, and theres no switch. Is there any way to make it work again?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Did you check in Disk Management to see if you could format it there?

Firestone

Whats disk management? Because it doesn't show up on Windows Explorer, maybe that could work.

Right click My Computer, Manage, then Disk Management and you can format it there.

Firestone

Its not showing up on there either. I guess its not fixable, thanks anyways.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online