1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Firestone, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Firestone

Firestone Thread Starter

I have a 2 gb Verbatim flash drive. Recently it won't show up on My Computer, and it lights up red instead of green. Is there anyway I can fix it and keep my files, if not is there anyway I can just fix it?

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    I know it's a bit basic, but one of my USB sticks had a tiny lock/unlock switch on the outer casing which I had not noticed. It was only when I was ranting about shoddy goods not working that I noticed the switch ...

Please excuse me if this is not the problem here but I thought it worth mentioning.

Richard

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Have you tried it on another system? If it fails there, it's probably become corrupted in some manner. Try PC Inspector and see if it is able to recover any files.

4. Firestone

Firestone Thread Starter

It does the same thing on other computers, and theres no switch. Is there any way to make it work again?

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Did you check in Disk Management to see if you could format it there?

6. Firestone

Firestone Thread Starter

Whats disk management? Because it doesn't show up on Windows Explorer, maybe that could work.

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Right click My Computer, Manage, then Disk Management and you can format it there.

8. Firestone

Firestone Thread Starter

Its not showing up on there either. I guess its not fixable, thanks anyways.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541129

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice